The wire is 18/2 and should be connected to your feed wire as close as practical using watertight connectors.
Voltage drop causes the lights farthest from the transformer to become dimmer than the other lights.
Voltage drop can be minimized in various ways …
- Upgrade to energy efficient LEDs
- Utilize a heavier gauge cable
- Install a higher capacity transformer
- Consider using multiple transformers
- Shorten your cable length/run
- Reduce individual fixture wattage
- Reduce the total number of fixtures on a run
Voltage drop actually works to your advantage if differences in lamp brightness levels add a desired look and feel to your installation. Remember… bulbs with lower voltage will last longer, requiring less replacement.
Proper low voltage connections are essential for a successful installation.
We recommend a splice which is joined by a waterproof connector, such as King or Ideal Brand. These connectors are filled with silicone or a dielectric material to provide protection to the splice from the elements. Please consult the manufacturers guidelines for detailed instructions.