Voltage drop causes the lights farthest from the transformer to become dimmer than the other lights.
Voltage drop can be minimized in various ways …
- Heavier gauge cable
- Use a higher capacity transformer
- Install multiple transformers
- Shorten your cable length
- Reduce individual fixture wattage
- Reduce the total number of fixtures on a run
Voltage drop actually works to your advantage if differences in lamp brightness levels add a desired look and feel to your installation. Remember … bulbs with lower voltage will last longer, requiring less replacement.